Wednesday 2 May 2012

A fishy tale!

Well I have not got a lot to report regarding the garden. We have had showers on and off and the ground is far to wet to work with. Everything that is in the ground outside is growing well with all the rain, the first lot of potatoes have grow out of the top of the bags and the others have been filled up with more soil. The strawberry plants are growing quite well and producing flowers, however I have not seen any bees to help with pollination. I think the strawberries are going to be very scarce this year, hopefully things will start to improve soon.

The girls are still wallowing in the swamp, they had cake this morning, as you can imagine it did not hang about for long. We had three eggs yesterday and two today, thankfully this awful weather does not seem to be affecting them too much. Octavia has a permanent black streak down her front where she keeps digging in the mud.

As you know it was my husbands fortieth birthday yesterday and over the weekend I had made him a cake. He loves his fishing so the cake had to be something to do with fishing. It had taken me most of the weekend to do but it was worth it.




Thankfully he liked it.

And finally..... I'd like to say a big welcome to my new viewers from Finland and Germany and thank you to everyone for your continued support x


2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a fantastic cake. I bet it tasted as good as it looks too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, it did taste quite good even if I do say so myself. I was really pleased with it. I had not decorated a cake like this for along time so I was quite apprehensive when doing it, but thankfully it turned out ok.

      Delete

Hi everyone, thanks for visiting. I'd love to hear your comments and thoughts on anything contained within my blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...