Tuesday 26 June 2012

Just call me Barbara...

It has been a couple of nice days, I even wore a summer dress today as it was so nice, which makes a change from my usual gardening clobber! Not much gardening has been done though as Monday I was catching up on house cleaning after having a full house at the weekend. Today I went out to lunch with my parents which was rather pleasant.

I have spent a couple of hours out there this evening so the girls could have their manic run around! I have watered and fed the potatoes, courgettes, strawberries, sweet peas and the tomatoes. I have run out of feed so the beans and peas will have to wait until tomorrow to be fed.

The sunshine we have had means the strawberries have started to turn at long last!


The small courgette plant has produced three flowers and all were male, hopefully they will produce some female flowers soon. The tomato plants and carrots in the greenhouse have grown quite a bit.


I need to remove the side shoots off these tomatoes, that is a job for tomorrow. I have left it a bit late but they seem to have grown so quick!



These are the last potatoes that I planted at the end of March as you can see they have also grown quite a bit and will soon be ready they are full of flowers that have not opened yet, these ones have yellow flowers where as the earlier ones at the other end of the garden are purple. This year I did remember to peg the labels to the bags. So when I do harvest them I will know what variety they are.

We are still only getting one or two eggs a day, I am wondering if it because Octavia, Dory and Bell will keep attacking the rhubarb. Matilda does not touch it and she is the only one who is laying an egg everyday. I do put something round it but they keep getting through. Tomorrow I am going to put some canes in and put netting round it so they can't get at it. Once it dies down I will move it onto the vegetable plot as that is one place the girls don't go.

I have started a new project today, it is something I have been wanting to do for a while. Jay is becoming rather concerned as yesterday I was cleaning the house with fresh lemons and white vinegar. I am recycling, reusing and  baking and making most things. Today he came home and found me crocheting! He thinks I am turning into some new age hippy and I am having a midlife crisis! He thinks I am going to start knitting him big baggy jumpers, socks and pants! According to the family I am getting more like Barbara from the Good Life everyday. If you don't know what I am talking about I have posted a clip at the end of this post.

I am attempting to make a crochet beanie hat. I had a You tube video on my laptop whilst crocheting so I could learn how to do it. My glasses were perched on the end of my nose whilst shouting at the woman on the video she was going to fast! However I think I have mastered it already.





Well that is it from me for today, I hope you have enjoyed my blog today. Until next time x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone, thanks for visiting. I'd love to hear your comments and thoughts on anything contained within my blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...