Thursday 21 June 2012

Noisy clucker's!

We had plenty of rainfall through the night my new water butt is full right up! It has been trying to rain on and off but it has felt rather muggy, so much for the first day of summer!

The girls have been making a right racket today until I let them out for their rampage in the garden. I had an old rug which I laid over the raised bed to keep them off there and emptying it out! As the ground was wet they were busy feasting on tasty worms that they found. Matilda has been busy egg sitting today on her one egg, I think perhaps she has gone broody again. And we did have only the one egg again today.

I haven't done any gardening today except water the plants in the greenhouse and done a daily inspection to see how things are growing. The salad leaves I sowed earlier in the week are already shooting through and so are the cabbages and cauliflowers.

Recently I wrote an article on recycling grey water for use on the garden. To be able to use the grey water from your bath or shower you really need to consider what cleaning products you use in the bathroom and also what products you use to clean yourself. After reading the article about white vinegar and it's uses it got me thinking about how you can use vinegar and other natural products in your home to clean your house.

It is amazing what you can do with a few simple ingredients from your kitchen. By using these natural things to clean your home you can then not worry about recycling your grey water for use on your vegetable garden. It is also environmentally friendly, a lot cheaper than buying commercial products, better for your health. It is a win win situation. To find out more about making and using home made cleaning products visit
http://sjwigglywoo.hubpages.com/hub/Home-made-cleaning-products

Well that is it from me for another day, I am out with friends for dinner so no cooking for me tonight! Until next time x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone, thanks for visiting. I'd love to hear your comments and thoughts on anything contained within my blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...