Saturday 14 July 2012

And the rain came...

We have had very heavy downpours during the night for the past two days. My water butts have overflowed! The weeds have grown at great speed but fortunately so has the vegetables. The ground is sodden and far to wet to walk on to get to the weeds. It does not look like we will be having a summer again this year. Will the tomatoes survive I wonder...

Clyde is back to his normal self thank goodness. He is gobbling up his food and constantly on the hunt for more! We have had to place a bag over the bin to keep him out of it!

The girls could all do with a pair of wellington boots each, their run is a quagmire of mud. I don't think we will be able to sort out the coop again this weekend. It looks like it is slowly sinking into the ground as the girls have dug so many holes.

As it has been to wet to get in the garden I have been busy baking in the kitchen and made this oh so yummy family fruit cake.

http://www.squidoo.com/family-fruit-cake
I have also been busy making new things. I have finished the cupcake bag and I am now making a panda hat. My stock is building up nicely.

Well that is it from me for today. Hopefully the weather will start to improve. Until next time x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone, thanks for visiting. I'd love to hear your comments and thoughts on anything contained within my blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...