Saturday 4 August 2012

I survived!

Just thought I would do a quick note. I survived the summerhouse clean up! After my last post I did in fact take a wander down the summerhouse and two hours later it was all cleaned up and tidy. Note to self
'keep it clean'

I have a busy weekend ahead and don't know when I will get a chance to post. It is Adam's 16th birthday on Monday and we are having a double whammy bar-b-q to accommodate his friends. There will be no time for gardening except a quick tidy up and to clean out the girls which I shall be under taking shortly.

I now have several round courgettes forming on the same plant. We have had quite a bit of rain the past couple of days so they should soon grow to a decent size as more rain is forecast over the weekend and the following week.

The melons have not dropped of yet and they do not look like they have grown at all since I first saw them. I will keep you posted.

Max is walking round with a sock on one of his hind feet. He has a raw area on his neck where I think he has been scratching. I am keeping it clean and an eye on it in case we need yet another trip to the vets! He is not keen on the sock and he does look rather funny with it on. They had a bath and flea treatment last weekend, so whether this is the cause I am unsure.

We had a bit of a do in the chicken coop yesterday. I was sitting here working and I could hear a commotion I looked up and Bell and Dory were having a bit of a spat! Bell was not happy with something Dory had done and was chasing her round the run and once cornered Dory received a good peck and a cluck from Bell. Bell promptly waltzed off all cock-a-hoop and poor Dory just stood there well and truly told off.

However all is back to normal. Octavia is filthy, Matilda is busy chasing and catching flies, Dory is trying to catch flies and Bell is marching up and down waiting to get out!

Well that is it from me for now. I hope you all have an enjoyable weekend what ever you may be doing. Until next time x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone, thanks for visiting. I'd love to hear your comments and thoughts on anything contained within my blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...