Thursday 20 February 2014

Day 3 - On with the quest!

Hello everyone, yes I know I missed a day, I do apologise I had such a hectic day at the shop that once I got home I was too tired to even get the laptop out!

There has been the most amazing rainbows the last couple of days but I am always driving on my way home from work so I am unable to catch them on camera. As I sit here typing there are massive black clouds looming  so I might get to catch one on my camera as yet. 

Well we are now on to day three of the gardening quest, mum and a wholeplotoflove have given their answers for day two and they can be found on the previous post. 

So on to the next lots of questions

11) who would be your favourite gardener?

12) What are some of the most unusual plants you have grown?

13) What books, programmes or websites on gardening would you recommend?

14) What traditions do you follow when gardening?

15) Which season do you prefer and why?

I have sat here for a good 15 minutes or so contemplating the questions whilst slurping away on a nice hot cup of tea and think I am now ready to proceed...

11) I don't really have a favourite but I can remember Percy Thrower from my childhood of sitting at my grandparents house at lunchtime and we would have to sit and be quiet whilst it was on. However I have just sort of remembered someone who I did enjoy watching via podcasts on a gardening website which has since gone but I can only remember his first name and that was Terry, he was Welsh and the website was called gardeningclick so if anyone remembers this let me know.

12) Oh dear I am really boring as I haven't really grown anything unusual. 

13) Well there isn't any good gardening programmes unless you include the GoodLife! The Vegetable expert by Dr.D.GHessayon is one of the only gardening books I own and it has been like my guiding light when it has come to growing vegetables. And I prefer gardening forums than websites and other useful blogs.

14)Traditions hmmm...Well I do tend to grow the same things each year especially as you begin to know what will grow well and what doesn't and also I use the traditional varieties. 

15) late summer/Autumn is my favourite, you have harvested the main crops and you are busy making chutneys and jams. And I love it when the air is crisp and dry and all the leaves change colour and your cheeks are rosy from being out in the garden getting it ready for winter.

Now over to you, I didn't get to see another rainbow today but there is always tomorrow. 

Until next time x


4 comments:

  1. 11) who would be your favourite gardener?
    One of my favourite gardeners would be Geoffrey Smith. He made a Mr Smith garden series of television programmes and our favourite was Mr Smith's Vegetable Garden. I still space my pea seeds out his regimented way. I can only find a clip of his Fruit Garden on Youtube.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_ZSPCs8yTY&list=PLn9kIQFeilFt2Ezik162hnctGtJhWMU9h

    12) What are some of the most unusual plants you have grown?
    My DH used to grow many unusual varieties of orchid.

    13) What books, programmes or websites on gardening would you recommend?
    One book I was impressed by was Grow you own Fruit and Vegetables by Lawrence D. Hills with tips for growing and cooking vegetables.

    14) What traditions do you follow when gardening?
    If the weather feels right - plant!

    15) Which season do you prefer and why?
    I usually follow only one growing season through Summer with leeks and beetroot overwintering.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once again thank you Mum for taking time out to help me with this quest. I will go and have a look at Mr Smith shortly! I like your thinking with q 14!

      Delete
  2. Gosh the're are getting harder aren't they? mmm lets see 11) Alys Fowler, I just like her style, 12) I don't think I have grown anything unusual before but I am this year, I have some sea kale plants/thongs due to be delivered soon & I have some land seaweed seeds to sow too, 13) have all of Alys Fowlers books ( naturally) I don't think I have a favourite book or programme to be honest, I like a mixture of them all, 14) I try to grow in straight lines (& fail) also I always grow runner beans without fail, 15) That's a hard question, if I have to choose it would be spring as it is the start. You are allowed a day off but I did look out for your post yesterday. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are, we are about a 1/4 of the way through! I forgot about Alys Fowler yes I do like her. I must admit I don't get to watch much TV I often feel like I am walking in a haze or is that daze feels like both! Ha the straight lines I even try doing it with string and it still goes wonky...
      Again thanks for coming along for the ride x

      Delete

Hi everyone, thanks for visiting. I'd love to hear your comments and thoughts on anything contained within my blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...