Wednesday 5 February 2014

Oh bother!

Evening all, just a quick update on my visit to the hospital today, well it all seems a bit doom and gloom for me at the moment, there is not going to be any change in the near future just keep taking the pain killers and get on with it. Well I wish I could just get on with it! No gardening, no walking dogs even a day in the town shopping (well half an hour is the most I can manage before it all gets too painful)

I have arthritis in my left hip joint after taking X-rays again they found I suffer from dysplasia which is why I have this at such a young age, it has taken over 9 years to find out the cause of my pain and now I have at least another 10 years ahead of me with the pain and it getting much worse before they will consider a hip replacement.

I am still sorting out my action plan for the garden, I might even have to rope in one of the boys of even Jay to give a hand but we will get there.

Until next time x




4 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon: I normally don't comment on any blogs I read, but I just wanted you to know how sorry I am to know that you are suffering so much with an arthritic hip. I don't know how old you are, but it just doesn't seem fair that you have to wait 10 years for hip replacement. I've suffered from arthritis since I was 9 years old. It did go into remission when I was a teenager and then flared up again when I was in my thirties, but they also said that I was too young for hip replacement. I was put on a series of anti-inflammatories for years (sometimes they worked and sometimes not). I also had dysplasia and it was absolute torture. I had my right hip replaced 20 years ago and it's still going strong! I had my left hip replaced 10 years ago and it's great too. Both times I went into hospital on the morning of my surgery, had the hip replaced (I had a spinal injection so I was awake during the procedure). I was up sitting in a chair that afternoon and by early evening going to the bathroom on crutches. I came home two days later. Of course, I had to have physiotherapy and couldn't do a lot of things, but that awful pain had disappeared and I felt great! I'm just letting you know that there is nothing at all to be afraid of. The surgery can only make things better. I really hope that they can do something for you - I don't know how old you are, but, no one should have to suffer through that kind of pain for 10 years. I wish you all the best.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to comment Carole, and I am so glad you did as it gives me hope. I am 43 and it started just over 9 years ago. I think they are going to take me down the anit-inflammatories route first and try and hold back on the replacement for as long as possible. I have an appointment in 6 months to be reassessed and X-ray to see how things are developing. At the moment I have good days & bad depending on how much I have done the previous day. All I can think of is the things I can't do rather than the things I can I just need to get my head round this and look for the positives. Glad to hear you have come through it all and thank you x

      Delete
  2. Get ready - lots of hugs coming your way from me.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww thanks mum greatly received and appreciated x

      Delete

Hi everyone, thanks for visiting. I'd love to hear your comments and thoughts on anything contained within my blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...