Tuesday 25 February 2014

Plodding on with the quest!

Evening all, it has been one of those days with so much to do and everything taking more time than I thought it would and then end up doing less than I wanted, yes I know going round in circles once again! 

Jay has managed to empty out the summerhouse and filled all my other spaces and places! The greenhouse, the garage at home and the garage at work...

The planning for the rejuvenating of the vegetable garden is still ongoing.

Right as I said next lot of questions for the gardening journal. If you have just joined us please read previous posts which will reveal all to you.

21) What is your favourite gardening tool?

22) What is your favourite meal with using fresh produce from the garden?

23) What is your most memorable rhyme or quote about gardening?

24) If you could invite anyone past or present into your garden who would it be and why?

25) Describe what would be your perfect day in the garden

Oh dear looks like another hour sitting here...

21) It has to be my sieve as it brings back memories of being in the garden as a child as I used to love shaking the sieve and seeing the really fine soil fall from it. (sad I know)

22) Pea and bean risotto with lots of cheese and mint mmmmm

23) I can't think of one at the moment but will reply to this at a latter date.

24) I would like to invite both my grandfathers in so they can show and tell me more as it is not until we have grown and they have gone that we realise there was so much we were never going to have the chance to share.

25) A perfect day would be just digging, wedding and preparing the vegetable beds on a cold crisp spring or autumn day as it is something I can no longer do or enjoy.

Well there you have it, we are nearly half way through. Looking forward to seeing some of your answers.
Until next time x

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having a busy time of it! 21) hand fork I can do far more with that than a larger garden tool, 22) vegetable stir fry, 23) one for the mouse, one for the crow, one to rot & one to grow, even though I am far too stingy I always think of it when I am sowing seeds straight into the garden, 24) my paternal grandfather, he died when I was in primary school way way before I was interested in gardening, it would be nice to ask his opinions on things, 25) a spot of watering, weeding & plant seeing to in the morning, a bbq in the afternoon with friends & a quiet sit down at the end of the day in the greenhouse. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joanne, lovely answers my little journal is going to make a great little read x

    ReplyDelete
  3. 21) What is your favourite gardening tool?
    It has to be my trowel. It's the one tool I use the most - I like to get 'down' to weeding!

    22) What is your favourite meal with using fresh produce from the garden?
    Everything I grow makes for favourite meals but the best has to be a stir fry with almost all the veg home grown.

    23) What is your most memorable rhyme or quote about gardening?
    It's a quote by Neil from The Young Ones.
    We sow the seed, nature grows the seed and then we eat the seed!

    24) If you could invite anyone past or present into your garden who would it be and why?
    Dad - he was the start of it all.

    25) Describe what would be your perfect day in the garden
    Just pooling about here and there, working, sitting, relaxing and entertaining in the garden.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have to agree that all home grown veg makes for a great meal, I really missed it all last year so going to hopefully make up for it this year. Better get myself organised!

      Delete

Hi everyone, thanks for visiting. I'd love to hear your comments and thoughts on anything contained within my blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...