Sunday we went swimming and I done 24 lengths again, I wanted to pop out and do some gardening once we got back so didn't want to over do it. Pity I did not think the same when I was out in the garden...
I knew I would pay for the enjoyment of being in the garden weeding the vegetable patch but boy I did enjoy being out there.
Jay kindly went over it with the Rotavator and now I need to get me tatties chitting. I met with one of my dreaded frogs who lept up when I was removing a large weed by the fence and as usual I did my squealing scream! And I also weeded out the strawberry bed and removed all the dead leaves. It seems I done better by just leaving them as they look lovely and healthy.
To finish off I will do the last set of questions from the gardening journal quest.
46) A lot of success in the garden comes from doing the right thing at the right time, list me 5 things that I should be doing at a particular time of the year?
47) Many edible things grow wild in fields or hedgerows. Please tell me what I should look out for and how to use it...
48) It is said you don't own a wood, you just tend it for the next generation. Tell me about the trees you have grown, tended or simply been near during your gardening life...
Okay you can breath a sigh of relief as this is the final set.
46) I am a bit of a nit when it comes to doing the right things at the right time as I am always in a hurry and can't wait so I tend to do things too early and more often and not they fail so I have to do it again! So I do really need your tips and ideas for this one
47) The two things I look out for are elderberry as they make lovely cordial, jam and chutneys. I think these are late August September. The other things I like to get are sloes to make the sloe gin and I think these are October.
48) We don't have a fruit tree in the garden but we do have a silver birch I think it is and all it does is make a blooming mess! All our neighbours have fruit trees which they all prune and tend but none ever seem to pick the fruit.
Once again that is it from me for today. I hope you have enjoyed my quest and a big huge thank you to both Mum and Joanne for their help. Until next time x